Part of any daily health routine should include your feet. Did you know that 3 out of 4 people can develop health issues related to their feet and that this number can increase in our senior years? Foot health should be a regular and essential part of any daily health regiment now and during our later years. Taking care of our feet is a responsibility we all have to maintain a healthy lifestyle and many senior care services provide Mobile Foot Care to help with this important task. Sometimes elderly care for aging parents or those seniors dealing with Chronic Illnesses may need to include additional help for proper foot care from their senior care service provider.
First Class Home Care has certified health practitioners who are trained to look after all your foot care needs. There are many preventable and manageable routines a senior person can incorporate in their lives for healthy feet.
- Check your feet every day for small injuries including cuts, bruises and infections.
- Wash your feet daily with warm water for 10 minutes.
- Keep your feet soft and smooth. Use unscented creams and wipe off the excess.
- Wear properly fitted shoes and socks.
- Be active and walk every day when possible.
- Take care of your toenails by trimming them on a regular basis.
Our senior care services offer many easy to apply treatments through our Mobile Foot Care program. First Class Home Care is happy to go over all of these easy and manageable items with you or your loved ones to ensure their feet are well cared for.
Full foot care assessment
- Arthritic, diabetic and geriatric foot care
- Prevention and education for minor foot ulcers, peripheral neuropathy and related skin conditions
- Treatment and removal of corns and calluses
- Nail shaping and grooming
- Treatment of nail disorder such as Onychomycosis
- Professional recommendation and referrals to specialists as required
When you take care of your feet, you take care of yourself. In many Chronic Illnesses, foot care is an important part of a regular personal hygiene routine. First Class Home Care is here to teach and help you or your loved ones how to maintain healthy foot care in everyday life.
Whether you live in Mississauga, Brampton, Burlington, Milton, Oakville, or Etobicoke, First Class Home Care is just a phone call away. Contact us today at 905-636-9995 for additional information on our Mobile Foot Care program and let us help you take care of your feet.