As parents age, the responsibility often falls on their children to recognize the signs that a senior loved one may require assistance with everyday life tasks. These situations can be difficult for all involved, where do you start? Being sensitive and knowing the signs that an elderly family member may need to consider home care is very important. Although this may be a stressful time, knowing that there are qualified and experienced home care providers like First Class Home Care in one’s community and are able to help identify some of these indicators can ease some of this anxiety. This is especially important if you or a loved one has recently been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s, Dementia or is suffering from one of many Chronic Diseases that are becoming prevalent among the senior population today. It may be difficult for boomers today to realize that their parents require specific elderly care. First Class Home Care is here to help you and your family during difficult and delicate times. During our “free” consultation, we will work with you and your parents to create an individualized plan of care. This plan will be specifically designed to address all of your loved one’s needs and will strive to produce a higher “Quality of Life”.
Some of the signs that may indicate a parent may require additional outside help:
- You are finding spoiled food in the fridge that isn’t being thrown away.
- They are missing important appointments.
- They are having trouble getting up from a seated position.
- They are having difficulty with walking, balance and mobility.
- You are seeing forgetfulness, uncertainty and confusion to once familiar tasks.
- Personal hygiene and self-grooming are no longer being maintained.
- You notice a loss of interest in hobbies and activities.
- You are witnessing extreme and uncharacteristic mood changes.
- They are forgetting to take their medications.
- There has been a recent diagnosis for Alzheimer’s, Dementia or Chronic Illness.
First Class Home Care offers a wide range of non-medical, compassionate services for elderly care in Oakville, Brampton, Mississauga, Burlington, Milton ,and Etobicoke such as; Personal Care, , Companionship, , Home Support, Respite Care, Rehabilitation Services, , Alzheimer’s Care and Palliative Care, Transportation and Mobile Foot Care. We will take the time to understand your parent’s health care and emotional needs and develop an individual plan to address them.
Please contact us today for more information and receive a complimentary in-home assessment and let us help to improve quality of life for you and your loved ones.